As a Senior Software Developer with Info-Tech you will expect to be; liaising with customer support, bringing creative, innovative ideas to the table, educating other team members on best practices and continually looking for ways to improve the product. This role will certainly encompass these areas of responsibility, however here at Info-Tech we are anything but typical so you will also be;
- Playing a senior role on our product engineering team
- Owning the code base, continually refactoring it, and making it better
- Developing RESTful APIs for internal and external use
- Developing scalable backend services
- Implementing a road map of new features and seeing them through
- We are looking for an individual who has a deep knowledge of web based programming language, has developed scalable backend services, has an agile approach to problem solving and has worked in a Consulting environment
Our MUST HAVE’s
- Minimum of 5 years Development in a commercial environment ideally with some exposure to a small or start up business environment
- Ideally some exposure working with Ruby on Rails
- Solid experience in building high-performance, reliable, and scalable services
- Solid understanding of web technologies, relational databases (we use MySQL), and object oriented design
- Development experience in a cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Ajax based user interfaces
In addition, we are looking for the following skills:
- Be efficient, organized, and follow through on commitments.
- Be intelligent, have great analytical skills, and pay attention to detail.
- Be calm under pressure, have a great work ethic, and communicate well
- Push for excellence and do not accept the mundane.
- Urge for a higher standard. Be proactive.
- Be open to new ideas and personal feedback.
- Try new things. Fail and learn from failure. 5% of developers are 20 times more efficient than 95% of developers. We want you to be the 5%.
Now that we have your attention, how do you get ours?
- A resume and cover letter is a good start, but we’re very interested in seeing real world examples of your work.
- Include your GitHub, Bit Bucket, Stack Overflow, or Google Code profile with a description of any open source projects you’ve worked on.
- Include links to presentations you’ve given.